The indications for the use of the non invasive breathing machine mainly include the following aspects:
(1) Patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease combined with infection and acute exacerbation of the disease.
(2) Patients with early respiratory failure combined with hypoxemia or hypercapnia.
(3) Home rehabilitation treatment for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
(4) Pulmonary edema includes patients with cardiac insufficiency.
(5) Respiratory support during the awakening period of patients under general anesthesia.
(6) Patients with sleep hypopnea syndrome and myasthenia gravis.
Currently, the non invasive breathing machine is a respiratory support technology that is widely used in clinical practice. However, for home use, it is necessary to pay attention to the adjustment of the pressure of the non invasive breathing machine. It is best to ask professionals to set the pressure.
Clinically, due to the reason that breathing cannot proceed normally on its own, the non invasive breathing machine is used for assisting breathing to make the human body's breathing movement reach normal, and the unstable vital signs can be prevented from threatening life. There are many different types of non invasive ventilator.
However, there will be some complications during the use of a non invasive breathing machine, mainly difficulty in expectoration. Patients' ventilation volumes are relatively large when breathing, the secretions in the respiratory tract will increase the sputum at this time. The sputum is thicker when the water loss is large, and it is difficult to be discharged into the body. You could view more details about types of ventilators used in hospitals.
In addition, some gastrointestinal symptoms are easy to appear, such as belching and abdominal bloating. Since a mask is used on the interface of the non invasive breathing machine, the mask cannot be properly fitted if patients are not suitable for it. At this time, frequent swallowing, mouth breathing and other actions will cause a large amount of gas to enter the gastrointestinal tract. Moreover, due to the continuous treatment of the non invasive breathing machine for a long time, the mask and the facial skin are stuck too tightly. Damage will be caused by sticking and pressing for a long time.